[U-Boot-Users] FW: USB SUPPORT & get_vfatname

Ken.Fuchs at bench.com Ken.Fuchs at bench.com
Fri Apr 25 20:16:52 CEST 2008

Michael Trimarchi wrote:

> In my spare time a try to change the do_fat_read to support
> the chaining.

Thank you.  Please let me know of anything I can do to help.

Does this mean you are now able to duplicate the problem?

The "Microsoft Extensible Firmware Initiative FAT32 File System
Specification" white paper you quoted seems like a good reference
document for FAT32.  Is there anything better?

BTW, in working with partitions <= 32MB, I have used FAT12,
but fs/fat/fat.c clearly doesn't support FAT12 properly.
FAT12 can be useful for NOR flash devices which are often
small enough for all four primary partitions to be <= 32MB.
Is anyone else (trying to) use FAT12 via U-Boot?
My work-around for this problem has simply been force
partitions <= 32MB to contain FAT16 whenever U-Boot needs
to read file from them.

Sincerely,

Ken Fuchs