[U-Boot-Users] how to make a core uboot?

Andreas Schweigstill andreas at schweigstill.de
Mon Apr 28 11:51:29 CEST 2008

Hello!

loody mil schrieb:
> I intend to make a pure uboot, without including any driver but only
> basic cpu setting and uboot commands supported. But I cannot see any
> config option in Makefile.

If you need a really minimalistic bootloader U-Boot will not be the
first choice. The smallest possible U-Boot will be around 100KByte in
size and contain much more than just basic CPU initialisation.

> I know I may choose any config in boards and truncate those things I
> don't need at all.

That's the right way if you want to use U-Boot.

> But I send this mail and want to know is there already a config option
> or some fast way I can meet my requirement?

Nobody knows what are you requirements. If you need a really
minimalistic bootloader you should take a look at some sample
initialization code from the processor manufacturer.

On certain platforms (e.g. Atmel AT91) even U-Boot will just be used as
a second or third level bootloader. The basic CPU setup has been done
before starting U-Boot.

With best regards
Andreas Schweigstill

--