[U-Boot-Users] Running uC/OS-II on top of u-boot

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Apr 28 23:34:20 CEST 2008

In message <16945849.post at talk.nabble.com> you wrote:

> We have a PowerPC 440 EP (from a AMCC Yosemite evaluation kit) and we are in
> the process of evaluating OSes for it. The industrial strength ones (like
> vxWorks) are too much feature-wise and money-wise, so we're hoping to try
> out uC/OS-II.

Why not using a feature-rich, money-efficient solution like Linux? One
of the big advantages is that you get a running system completely for
free and out of the box...

> - Can the porting layer of uC/OS-II use some of the u-boot functions for PCI
> and ethernet access?

It can, if you use the GPL2 based "Open Source Licensing" model of
uC/OS-II.

> - Are there any existing instructions on how to build (or create a makefile)
> uC/OS-II using the compilers supplied by the ELDK? I keep getting a failure
> to "find entry symbol _start", even if I include the gcc libraries,
> crtbegin.o, etc.

Well, that's starting to be off topic here...

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
He'd been wrong, there _was_ a light at the end of the tunnel, and it
was a flamethrower.                         - Terry Pratchett, _Mort_