[U-Boot-Users] AT91SAM9260 + DP83848 phy

Dave Bender codehero at gmail.com
Tue Apr 29 18:57:06 CEST 2008

Dear list,
  I am currently working on a custom board, trying to get the National DP83848
Phy to work properly with the AT91SAM9260 in u-boot 1.2.0; Everything goes fine
(reset is ok, can read phy id) until I read the link status bit. The link status
bit is never set, so I never get a good connection.

I have tried the following:

-Bit banged the MDIO directly to the via the parallel port as per National's
suggestion. The link status bit went high in this case, so I do not believe
there are any wiring faults in our board.

Does anybody know of a u-boot driver for the phy with the AT91SAM9260? Has
anyone had any success with this combination?

Thanks,

Dave