[U-Boot-Users] 83xx DDR2 667Mhz memory

Bruce_Leonard at selinc.com Bruce_Leonard at selinc.com
Wed Apr 30 03:53:24 CEST 2008

> Any ideas? Again, same exact u-boot just different memory. SPD sees it
all
> just fine, just can't use the RAM after its setup. Currently using a
> slightly older version of U-boot 1.3.0-dirty.
>
> -Russ

Hi Russ,

I don't know what the current state is (I'm running a slightly older
version than you), but we ran into a problem with the 83xx SPD code being
able to recognize faster DDR2 memories.  There was a whole series of
nested if/else if statements figuring out if it was DDR400, DDR333, etc.,
and then figuring out effective data rates and CAS latencies from that.
What we ran into was that (at the time) it would only figure out upto
DDR400 and we're using 533.  Since we're only using the one speed of RAM
for this release of the product we just hardcoded values into registers
and decided to look at fixing SPD later.  Don't know if anyone else has
yet.  Know it doesn't help you much, but it gives you some place to look
:(.

Bruce