[U-Boot-Users] Configuring U-Boot for MPC8349E in little endian mode

vivek.trivedi at wipro.com vivek.trivedi at wipro.com
Wed Apr 30 17:34:33 CEST 2008

Hi,
We are using MPC8349E based board in big endian mode. It is working fine
with U-Boot 1.1.3 .
Now due to some reason we have to configure 8349E in little endian mode.
I have modified RCW, HID2 and MSR registers for this and built the
U-Boot with -mlittle-endian(gcc 3.4.3) and -EL (ld option ).

Now code is starting properly in Start.S but it is jumping to alignment
vector(0x600) whenever it hits a branch instruction(b , bl).
Then it stops at 0x63F in alignment exception vector handler.

Has any one tried configuring U-Boot for MPC8349E in little endian mode
...?
We have also tried to build U-Boot with -mstrict-align option, but it
has not helped us.
Are we missing any alignment option in gcc for compiling U-Boot.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Vivek Trivedi