No subject

Tue Aug 19 22:18:26 CEST 2008

talented  programmers,  but  I  definitely would not want to give CVS
write permissions to more maybe 10% of them.

That does NOT mean that there is any discrimination, or that any con-
tributions will be igrnored or turned down - if you  want,  ask  if
any of the people who contributed to PPCBoot has reason to complain.

Please start for now by sending patches like anybody  else.  Normally
there  will  be no significant delay introduced by my moderation. You
can be pretty sure that I'll want to  add  you  as  developer  rather
sooner  or  later.  But  I  think fairness requires to apply the same
rules to everybody.

> Also, to be honest, it appears a bit rude to me to take our ARMboot
> sources, and then just cut us off. It seems only natural to me that we

Umm, calm down. On the same base I could argument  that  you  cut  us
(the  PPCBoot  guys off) by taking "our" PPCBoot sources and creating
an incompatible ARMBoot. But I don't intend to start such a fruitless
discussion.

Let's focus on what what we'll have to do in the future.

> both continue doing what we have done all along, only with more
> benefit for all of us.

Definitely.

> Please let's keep this an _open_ project, not one where only one
> member has the power.

Umm... please don't misinterpret my role as a moderator.

It does NOT require write permission in the CVS to  contribute  to  a
project, or to get credited for your work.

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
See us @ electronica 2002 in Munich, Nov 12-15, Hall A3, Booth A3.325