No subject

Tue Aug 19 22:18:26 CEST 2008

that the generic code in common/cmd_pcmia.c relies on types which
are only defined in asm_ppc headers and that the code makes use
of m8xx functions directly which would kind of suggest that the
pcmcia code has never been compiled for arm? Is this right?

I'd thought that u-boot was derived from ppc-boot and arm-boot and
arm boot claims to support booting from compact flash on it's
sourceforge homepage. So was arm functionality dropped when
u-boot was formed or do I misunderstand the lineage of u-boot
entirely???