No subject

Tue Aug 19 22:18:26 CEST 2008

Thanks again,
Dave

Wolfgang Denk <wd at denx.de> wrote:

<
<  In message <1077551762.4835.50.camel at nios> you wrote:
<  > I'm far from an expert on the matter ;)
<  > But I would try to set the addresses to 0x30000000 then. The kernel will
<
<  This depends on how the kernel was linked.
<
<  > be expanded to RAM first and then a jump will be made to the address in
<  > the RAM to start executing the kernel.
<  >
<  > In my situation, I used 0x0 as start/entry. RAM starts on that address
<  > too.
<
<  This is correct on PowerPC, but wrong on all other systems.
<
<  The address to be used  is  defined  in  the  Linux  kernel's  linker
<  commands  /  scripts;  seach which value of PTEXTADDR gets defined in
<  "arch/arm/Makefile" for your board; in your  "arch/arm/boot/Makefile"
<  you should then have a build target like this:
<
<  uImage:	compressed/piggy.gz
<  	mkimage -A arm -O linux -T kernel -C gzip \
<  	-a $(PTEXTADDR) -e $(PTEXTADDR) \
<  	-n 'ARM Linux-$(VERSION).$(PATCHLEVEL).$(SUBLEVEL)' \
<  	-d compressed/piggy.gz $@
<
<
<  Best regards,
<
<  Wolfgang Denk
<
<  --
<  Software Engineering:  Embedded and Realtime Systems,  Embedded Linux
<  Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
<  It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply  to  serve  as  a
<  warning to others.
<