[U-Boot-Users] Increasing U-Boot partition size

Jatin Sharma sharmaj at gmail.com
Fri Aug 1 19:16:13 CEST 2008

I have to increase u-boot's partition size on my board to make room
for an application to be compiled as part of u-boot binary. I am
currently running u-boot version "1.3.1-rc1" and my current NOR
partition is as follows:

Partition                          Address
--------------------------------      ----------------
/dev/mtd0 -RCW, 64k       0xFF800000
/dev/mtd1 Kernel 2M        0xFF810000
/dev/mtd2 cramfs 4.8M     0xFFA10000
/dev/mtd3 U-Boot 384K     0xFFF00000
/dev/mtd4 Env 64K           0xFFF60000
/dev/mtd5 EnvB 64K         0xFFF70000
/dev/mtd6 DTB 64K          0xFFF90000

I have updated to Flattened Device Tree to reflect the new partition
as follows. Also, I have updated the TEXT_BASE to 0xFFE60000 in the
config.mk under board/<my board> directory.

Partition                          Address
--------------------------------      ----------------
/dev/mtd0 -RCW, 64k       0xFF800000
/dev/mtd1 Kernel 2M        0xFF810000
/dev/mtd2 cramfs 4.3M     0xFFA10000
/dev/mtd3 U-Boot 1M       0xFFE60000
/dev/mtd4 Env 64K           0xFFF60000
/dev/mtd5 EnvB 64K         0xFFF70000
/dev/mtd6 DTB 64K          0xFFF90000

U-Boot binary with the updated FDT doesn't boot. So, I need to
understand what other updates I need to make for U-Boot to use this
new partition. I would like to know if there are standard hooks in
u-boot to incorporate partition changes that may be documented
somewhere.

My board is powerpc architecture and is using NOR flash to boot
u-boot. Any help is appreciated. I can provide more information if
needed.

Thanks,
Jatin