[U-Boot-Users] simplify bootm command

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Aug 5 16:08:43 CEST 2008

In message <48985761.5010800 at ge.com> you wrote:

> Yes, that is Wolfgang's (and my) proposal: rationalize the built-in
> "bootm" to do just #6.  Steps 1-5 already exist as built-in commands or
> commands could be created almost trivially to invoke the existing code.
>   The current "bootm" behavior would then be emulated by a bootm script
> chaining them together.  All the different "bootm" behaviors would then
> be in the script (customizable by the user) rather than being
> hard-compiled into the actual bootm built-in command.

I just would like to point out that this is also a great chance to get
rid of a lot of architecture dependent code:

	lib_arm/bootm.c
	lib_avr32/bootm.c
	lib_blackfin/bootm.c
	lib_i386/bootm.c
	lib_m68k/bootm.c
	lib_microblaze/bootm.c
	lib_mips/bootm.c
	lib_nios/bootm.c
	lib_nios2/bootm.c
	lib_ppc/bootm.c
	lib_sh/bootm.c
	lib_sparc/bootm.c

There is a LOT of duplicated code in these files...

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
"What the scientists have in their briefcases is terrifying."
- Nikita Khrushchev