[U-Boot-Users] Uboot GCC extensions / Is it possible to build uboot with a non-gcc compiler

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Aug 6 13:19:51 CEST 2008

Hello,

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.

Q: Why is it such a bad thing?

A: Top-posting.

Please do NOT top-post/full-quote. Please read

In message <dcf6addc0808060351t7b6cd18eqad06726375beaab4 at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

>      I read u-boot 1.3.3 README and searched code generally, I guess the answer
> might be sad for me. Anyway, Could anyone double-check this thing?

Why should we spend efforts on doing so? We all have working GNU
development environments.

It is you who wants to use some proprietary tool chain which is not
available to us, you you are in the position to test this - we aren't.

>      README mentions that uboot uses some gcc feature, depends on some gcc
> implementation. There are many 'inline' found in uboot code, but no 'attribute'
> found as linux kernel.

You are wrong. __attribute__ is actually used a lot, for several
purposes:

	-> find * -type f | xargs egrep _attribute_ | wc -l
	412

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Don't put off for tomorrow what you can  do  today,  because  if  you
enjoy it today you can do it again tomorrow.