[U-Boot-Users] Ethernet phy driver is not working in u-boot

tomydevasia tomy at kalkitech.in
Wed Aug 6 13:48:01 CEST 2008

Hi,
   I am currently working  u-boot for AT91SAM9260 based board. In this board
we are using LXT971A as phy rather than davicom dm9161a as in
AT91SAM9260-EK. We have u-boot-1.1.5 version with AT91SAM9260 support, but
it is having phy support only for Davicom dm9161a . So we have  changed the
phy driver by making appropriate modifications in Davicom dm9161 to  make
suitable for LXT971A . We have downloaded the image in flash. We have
connected one ethernet cross cable between the board and one PC.After
rebooting we are observing the following

1) Initially auto negotiation is happening with the PC.And tried to ping the
PC from u-boot.
2) While pinging from the u-boot, the request is not coming to the
Computer(We checked up with Ethernet sniffers like Ethereal),
3) In u-boot after ping request it will wait for the reply from the other
side, it is receiving packets from my  Computer (It is not the reply of
ping, some other broad cast message). So my conclusion is that, the Ethernet
packets from U-boot is not reaching up to the Computer but  packets from the
Computer is  receiving there inside the board.

I don't know any one you  face the same problem. So I request you to reply
if you have any clues to solve the issue.

With Regards
Tomy Devasia