[U-Boot-Users] bootm -- load_os inputs/outputs

Kumar Gala galak at kernel.crashing.org
Thu Aug 7 00:09:13 CEST 2008

So I proposed something like:

bootm load_os
bootm load_fdt

so I figured trying to expand on what load_os does might be useful.

input:
ENV:bootm_low
ENV:bootm_size
BOOTMAP_SZ
image specifier (a standalone uImage, a multi-uImage, a FIT specifier)

output:
ERROR: if image doesn't pass validity checks
ERROR: (if image is compressed) error during decompression
ERROR: if resulting decompress exceeds, bootm_size/BOOTMAP_SZ
ERROR: if image load address is less than bootm_low

ENV?: image OS type (LINUX, NETBSD, etc..)
ENV?: LMB to keep track of memory regions used
ENV?: entry point
MEM: "raw memory image, decompressed, no header, etc."

I think that's everything..

So my suggestion is to keep track of the image OS type, LMB, entry
point via the existing global 'static bootm_headers_t images'.  If
this is not acceptable it means adding support to some how pass around
the LMB info via env var.

comments?

- k