[U-Boot-Users] Any schedule or plan to publish your "testing" branch?

Hong Xu hongxu.cn at gmail.com
Thu Aug 7 09:27:53 CEST 2008

On Thu, Aug 7, 2008 at 15:02, William Juul <william.juul at tandberg.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 7, 2008 at 7:34 AM, Wolfgang Denk <wd at denx.de> wrote:
>>
>> In message <1516faed0808061802m6f02179dg8359a0caddb256ea at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:
>> >
>> > I noticed that you are now maintaining a custodian tree which is
>> > focused on NAND support in u-boot. Could you please tell me is there
>> > any schedule or plan to publish your "testing" tree?
>>
>> What do you mean by "publish"? The branch is public all the time. It's
>> available to everibode in the NAND custodian repository. See for
>> example
>> http://git.denx.de/?p=u-boot/u-boot-nand-flash.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/testing
>
> I guess Hong Xu would like to know if there is a plan for merging this
> branch in the main U-boot git repository. And if so, how and when?
> Scott Wood has already signaled that he intends to merge this branch,
> but I would also like to know about any progress in this matter.

Yes, William hit the point. Actually It seems my work is based on two
different custodian trees, for example, Scott's NAND tree and
u-boot-at91 tree. If the 2 two trees do not merge each other,
sometimes I got screwed. I guess `git ' may help at this situation,
but I don't know how. :-)  I just wanted to know the status of the
NAND tree. Maybe I did not express myself clearly in the last email.

BR,
Eric