[U-Boot-Users] Any schedule or plan to publish your "testing" branch?

Jerry Van Baren gerald.vanbaren at ge.com
Thu Aug 7 13:50:01 CEST 2008

Wolfgang Denk wrote:
> In message <1516faed0808070027w4b9e0028j3790de9f8f094177 at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:
>> Yes, William hit the point. Actually It seems my work is based on two
>> different custodian trees, for example, Scott's NAND tree and
>> u-boot-at91 tree. If the 2 two trees do not merge each other,
>> sometimes I got screwed. I guess `git ' may help at this situation,
>> but I don't know how. :-)  I just wanted to know the status of the
>> NAND tree. Maybe I did not express myself clearly in the last email.
>
> You can create your own local development branch, and merge both  the
> NAND testing branch and the at91 stuff into this branch. There may be
> merge  conflicts,  of  course,  but  I  think  both  trees are pretty
> orthogonal to each other, so chances for such conflicts are  probably
> small.

...and if there *are* merge conflicts, you can contribute back to the
u-boot list (a) that there is a pending conflict and (b) a resolution,
if you have one.  Having the knowledge of a merge conflict *before* the
merge window opens is useful.  Having a proposed resolution is even more
useful.

Thanks,
gvb