[U-Boot-Users] bootm support for netbsd question

Rafal Jaworowski raj at semihalf.com
Thu Aug 7 17:57:48 CEST 2008

Kumar Gala wrote:
> Anyone know why we pass the image_header_t * to the netbsd loader?

*snip*

> this is some pretty tight coupling with u-boot.  Is the stage-2 loader
> part of u-boot?

I believe this is meant to be NetBSD's last stage bootloader and not any
U-Boot piece. See for example their PREP loader variant:
http://fxr.watson.org/fxr/source/arch/prep/stand/

As I understand it, to boot NetBSD from U-Boot they produce a fat image (the
above stage2 loader + kernel as a multi-image file), which is booted via
bootm, but I never exercised the procedure myself.

Rafal