[U-Boot] GT-64120 PCI init

Richard Danter radanter at googlemail.com
Fri Aug 8 16:42:07 CEST 2008

2008/8/7 Richard Danter <radanter at googlemail.com>:
> I have an old MIPS board with a GT-64120 that I would like to port
> U-Boot to. I have so far got it to boot from flash, init SDRAM and a
> serial console and give me a prompt so I can run some commands. I am
> also able to write flash for saving env vars, etc. To make this really
> useful however I need to get PCI working and then Ethernet.
>
> I don't see any 64120 driver/init code in the sources so unless I have
> missed something I guess I am going to have to write some.

I now have a driver that initialises the 64120 and U-Boot sees the
bridge and Ethernet card. So far so good! But the Ethernet card can
not ping anything on my network.

This is what I see...

--8<--
U-Boot 1.3.3-svn19 (Aug  8 2008 - 15:32:31)

Board: PPMC MIPS
DRAM:  64 MB
Flash:  4 MB
In:    serial
Out:   serial
Err:   serial
Net:   i82559#0
=> pci
Scanning PCI devices on bus 0
BusDevFun  VendorId   DeviceId   Device Class       Sub-Class
00.00.00   0x11ab     0x4620     Bridge device           0x00
00.07.00   0x8086     0x1030     Network controller      0x00
00.08.00   0x1011     0x0026     Bridge device           0x04
=> printenv
baudrate=9600
ethact=i82559#0
ipaddr=192.168.1.84
netmask=255.255.255.0
stdin=serial
stdout=serial
stderr=serial

Environment size: 113/32764 bytes
=> ping 192.168.1.1
i82559#0: Tx error buffer not ready
ping failed; host 192.168.1.1 is not alive
--8<--

My guess is that there is probably still something I did not do in the
PCI init code, but I have looked at as many examples as I can find and
I can't see anything amiss. Any thoughts on what would case the buffer
not to work even though the Ethernet card itself is seen and appears
to be detected correctly?

Thanks again!
Rich