[U-Boot] [feature request] make TAGS target

Guennadi Liakhovetski lg at denx.de
Tue Aug 12 10:28:11 CEST 2008

Hi

This looks at least as an inconsistency: the TAGS file is removed on "make
distclean", but there is no "make TAGS" target. The easiest would be to
remove removing TAGS, but better yet would be adding the target to build
this file, taking into account the configured architecture, include/asm,
for ARM also include/asm/arch, and maybe even cpu/..., lib_..., and board/
paths? Maybe one of u-boot Kbuild / Makefile gurus could implement this in
their spare time?:-) I even can imagine, that some of us might want the
"tags" file too, and I wouldn't mind adding this target too:-) Yes, kernel
has these targets.

Thanks
Guennadi
---