[U-Boot] U-Boot 1.3.4 release

Andreas Schweigstill andreas at schweigstill.de
Wed Aug 13 15:09:27 CEST 2008

Hello!

Remy Bohmer schrieb:
> Nice! and it is still called a bootloader?

Yes.

 > It is getting a OS on itself ;-)))

I don't think so. Such discussions and requests have been seen several
times on the U-Boot mailing list. U-Boot has neither something like a
scheduler nor other typical features, like "background processes",
queues or general interrupt handlers. So it is quite far away from
something which *nowadays* I would call on operating system.

With best regards
Andreas

--
Dipl.-Phys. Andreas Schweigstill