[U-Boot] LL Temac, MAC adresse trouble

Georg Schardt schardt at team-ctech.de
Wed Aug 13 19:21:00 CEST 2008

Hi ,

uh, the next error in my u-boot config :)

if i boot my linux-kernel via the xmd-debugger the lltemac has a correct
mac-address and speed negotiating works fine, link comes up and ping works.

booting it with u-boot the mac-address is 0:0:0:0:0:0. i can change the
address with ifconfig eth0 hw ether, but speed negotiation does not work:

eth0: XLlTemac: Not able to set the speed to 1000 (status: 0x7949)
eth0: XLlTemac: Not able to set the speed to 100 (status: 0x7949)
eth0: XLlTemac: Not able to set the speed to 10 (status: 0x7949)
eth0: XLlTemac: could not negotiate speed
eth0: XLlTemac: PHY Link carrier restored.

i think there is some error in the informations u-boot gives to the
linux kernel,  but i don't know what part of u-boot is doing this.

greetings
georg