[U-Boot] Please ignore - U-Boot mailing list accessibility/delivery test

Ken.Fuchs at bench.com Ken.Fuchs at bench.com
Thu Aug 14 18:45:07 CEST 2008

I'm trying to diagnose a mailing list delivery problem that is probably
caused by servers receiving list message traffic for me.

This test includes a BCC to my own address.

When I did this with the old SF server, I would only see my BCC copy and
never see the mailing list server sent copy.

I need to confirm that this still happens with the new mailing list
server.

The BCC list should not be transmitted to the mailing list server,
though RFC 822 has three different ways of handling this:

1) No BCC header is sent (preferred interpretation in my opinion).
2) A BCC header is added containing only the recipient's address.
3) A BCC header with no addresses is transmitted.

In any case, the mailing list server should ignore any BCC header it
receives.  Even if it doesn't ignore the BBC header, I'm configured
receive a copy of the message even if my address appears in a TO or
CC header (Not sure that Mailman would handle a BCC header the same way
though, assuming the BCC header is even transmitted to the list server).

Ken Fuchs