[U-Boot] bootflag for mpc85xx cpu?

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Aug 19 14:36:28 CEST 2008

Dear "jin.wang",

In message <19046711.post at talk.nabble.com> you wrote:

> As for mpc85xx cpu,It seems bootflag parametor in board_init_f does not work
> correctly,anyone ever experienced the same issue?
> I am using u-boot-1.3.2,No matter execute power-on or hard reset via
> MSR[DE],DBCR0[IDM],always get wrong bootflag value.
> Is there any other ways to differentiate cold reboot and warm reboot for
> mpc85xx series?

The boot flag is actually generally unused. I am  not  aware  of  any
piece  of  code  that  actually makes any use of this variable. It is
just a remainder of the historic past, i. e. of some proprietary boot
software from the previous millennium.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Many Myths are based on truth
	-- Spock, "The Way to Eden",  stardate 5832.3