[U-Boot] Help with u-boot & linux on walnut based board.

Brian S. Park brian.park at corelis.com
Tue Aug 19 20:38:30 CEST 2008

Hi all,
I'm having trouble witn my network interface under linux and need
some help from the experts here.
My board is based on IBM walnut (PPC405GPr) but uses a different phys
chip. It is using DP83848 instead of DP83843. The network seems to
work find in u-boot (both 1.3.1 and 1.3.4) but the linux is not
getting the MAC address correctly. The address is set in u-Boot but
the linux reports 00:00:00:00:00:00 I'm using linux kernel 2.4.25. Do
I need to use kernel 2.6 to use the newer phys chip?

Any pointer would be appreciated

Thanks.

Brian

Brian S. Park  brian.park at corelis.com  (562) 926-6727 x132