[U-Boot] U-boot for Arm cortexA8

Nishanth Menon menon.nishanth at gmail.com
Thu Aug 21 13:00:45 CEST 2008

Alwin,

alwin.mathew at wipro.com said the following on 08/20/2008 11:04 PM:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to know if u-boot source code is there for ARM  Cortex A8.

TI's OMAP3 processors have Cortex-A8. You can find versions of u-boot
for these processors in many places(they are not in mainline u-boot tree
yet):

For some of the boards, you'd see here:
http://linux.omap.com/pub/bootloader/3530evm/
<https://webmail.ti.com/owa/redir.aspx?C=e49298289ff24e8a8c24893ec2dc9e85&URL=http%3a%2f%2flinux.omap.com%2fpub%2fbootloader%2f3530evm%2f>
(for 3530EVM)
http://linux.omap.com/pub/bootloader/3430zoom/
<https://webmail.ti.com/owa/redir.aspx?C=e49298289ff24e8a8c24893ec2dc9e85&URL=http%3a%2f%2flinux.omap.com%2fpub%2fbootloader%2f3430zoom%2f>
(for 3430 Zoom MDK)
http://linux.omap.com/pub/bootloader/3430sdp/
<https://webmail.ti.com/owa/redir.aspx?C=e49298289ff24e8a8c24893ec2dc9e85&URL=http%3a%2f%2flinux.omap.com%2fpub%2fbootloader%2f3430sdp%2f>
(3430 sdp)

http://code.google.com/p/beagleboard/downloads/list
<https://webmail.ti.com/owa/redir.aspx?C=e49298289ff24e8a8c24893ec2dc9e85&URL=http%3a%2f%2fcode.google.com%2fp%2fbeagleboard%2fdownloads%2flist>
This is beagle board development site.

Also uboot-v2 has a limited amount of cortex support (in the mainline
tree itself).

Steve sakoman maintains a git tree for u-boot v1 which he and Dirk Behme
may be planning on pushing in the coming days -> even that has cortex
support.
Git: http://sakoman.net/git/u-boot-omap3.git/ (there is a branch with
omap patches called common, test etc..)
<https://webmail.ti.com/owa/redir.aspx?C=e49298289ff24e8a8c24893ec2dc9e85&URL=http%3a%2f%2fsakoman.net%2fgit%2fu-boot-omap3.git%2f>
gitweb: http://www.sakoman.net/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi
<https://webmail.ti.com/owa/redir.aspx?C=e49298289ff24e8a8c24893ec2dc9e85&URL=http%3a%2f%2fwww.sakoman.net%2fcgi-bin%2fgitweb.cgi>

> The information contained in this electronic message and any attachments to this message are intended for the exclusive use of the addressee(s) and may contain proprietary, confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately and destroy all copies of this message and any attachments.
>
> WARNING: Computer viruses can be transmitted via email. The recipient should check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The company accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email.
>
> www.wipro.com

By the way, disclaimers such as those above are pretty dis-concerting to
an open community I guess looking at previous discussions on the same..
for e.g. see
http://www.nabble.com/Help-needed-for-porting-linux-on-mpc8260-based-custom-board-to2182946.html#a2182946

You could probably speak to your IT folks about this.. They might have
email list configuration which are white listed and disclaimers would
not appear when send to those lists.

Regards,
Nishanth Menon