[U-Boot] U-Boot with USB Keyboard

Schmid Alexander a.schmid at systeme-steuerungen.de
Thu Aug 21 13:26:32 CEST 2008

I use U-Boot 1.2.0 on MPC5200B. Console over serial works fine. I have a

 Grafic controller (LIME) at LPB Bus and U-Boot shows his console output at
VGa too.
 But I would need a keyboard. I compiled U-Boot with USB and if i type "usb
 reset" the ohci controller scans the USB devices and finds a keyboard. But
 nothing happens if i push the buttons on the keyboard!

There would be another way, that I use a serial-keyboard controller. This
would work, i Think?
But I would prefer a USB keyboard, because I think PS/2 will not be the
future.
Can anyone help me (eg. say or give me anather usb-keyboard driver or where
I find any template how to make such a driver?)
I am very new in Linux and am happy that my Grafics driver works. But I have
never programmed USB.

Thanks

Alexander Schmid
Dipl. Ing. (FH)
-Entwicklung-
Systeme & Steuerungen GmbH
Josef-Buchinger-Strasse 8
DE-94481 Grafenau

Amtsgericht Passau; HRB-Nr.: 1248
Geschäftsführer: Wolfgang Biewald

Tel.:  +49 85 52 96 39 37
Fax.:    +49 85 52 96 39 40
Email:  a.schmid at systeme-steuerungen.de

Der Inhalt dieser E-Mail ist vertraulich. Wenn Sie nicht der berechtigte
Empfänger sind, bitten wir Sie, uns umgehend zu informieren und den Inhalt
weder für eigene Zwecke zu nutzen noch an Dritte weiterzugeben.

This e-mail is confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, please
notify us immediately. You should not disclose its contents to any other
person nor use it for any purposes.