[U-Boot] Merging of v1 and v2

Chris Zankel czmail-uboot at rearden.com
Fri Aug 22 23:57:51 CEST 2008

Hi,

Are there any plans to merge U-Boot v1 and v2 at anytime? It looks to me
like a daunting task to move everything to v2.

We are working with different processors, one of them, the i.MX27, is
only supported in v2, the other(s) in v1. The internal and external (UI)
interfaces seem to be different enough to make it hard to move between
the two. For example, there is some initial work to support UBIFS in
U-Boot (v1) which might be interesting, but it probably requires quite
some work and testing to move it into v2.

I like the flexibility and cleanness of v2, but fear that it will never
catch on.

Thanks,
-Chris