[U-Boot] u-boot / MX25L12805D

Warren Blackwell wblackwell at airmagnet.com
Mon Aug 25 19:09:36 CEST 2008

Hello,

I appreciate any response to the following query...

I am developing a project which utilizes u-boot. I started from an
Atheros source package which contains a modified u-boot for their AP83
reference design. This reference design has an SST flash chip
(SST39VF6401 -
http://www.sst.com/products.xhtml/parallel_flash/39/x16/SST39VF6401).
This all works well.

My OEM partner for the project has developed a Prototype A design, which
(in principle) is based on AP83. However, the flash chip is different.
This design has an MXIC flash chip (MX25L12805D -
http://www.macronix.com/QuickPlace/hq/PageLibrary4825744A00264C7F.nsf/h_
Index/E2C69FC9EFF9292F4825744A0029FE02/?OpenDocument&PartNo=MX25L12805D)

I am able to boot the board with this u-boot; however I can not access
the flash chip properly. The chip is not identified or addressed
properly.

I don't have any starting source that I can find for this particular
flash chip. I have tried modifying the #defines in flash.c to no avail.

I have also tried using various source files (flash.c/h) which I was
able to find under our u-boot source tree, as well as 3rd party
published source code.

At this stage, I'm under the impression that I need to find (or
develop!) the u-boot flash driver files. Developing this is a bit out my
league.

Does anyone know of u-boot source which works for the above mentioned
mxic flash chip?

Thanks for your time.

Regards,

Warren Blackwell, AirMagnet, Inc.