[U-Boot] [patch 1/2] Enable the use of an uncompressed kernel image for U-boot uImage

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Aug 25 23:13:42 CEST 2008

Dear Remy,

In message <48b309fe.0a04d00a.527b.ffffa801 at mx.google.com> you wrote:
> Normally the 'zImage' is used as base for uImage.
> Enable the capability to use the raw uncompressed 'Image' instead

This is an interesting feature, but...

> +config UNCOMPRESSED_UIMAGE
> +	bool "Use uncompressed kernel image for uImage"

.. I think it is wrong to make this a configuration option. Instead, a
separate make target should be used so you can actually chose which
image you wantr (or even both versions) without having to reconfigure
/ rebuild the kernel.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
GUIs  are  virtually  useless.  Learn  tools.  They're  configurable,
scriptable, automatable, cron-able, interoperable, etc. We don't need
no brain-dead winslurping monolithic claptrap.
                               -- Tom Christiansen in 371140df at csnews