[U-Boot] FSBBP: uboot Programming on to the flash for MPC8548 for bootup

Ajeesh Kumar ajeesh at tataelxsi.co.in
Wed Aug 27 07:16:19 CEST 2008

hi sir/madam,

I'm using a MPC8548E processor(power pc) also, i've interfaced a nor flash
of 128 MB to the processor.
i've read few documents and got to know that the uboot.bin should be
programmed at 0xfff80000.
Also, when i saw the uboot.bin size it was 512K. so, it could fit between
0xfff80000 - 0xffffffff.
I 'M USING ABATRON BDI2000/BDI3000 FOR THIS.
Now my question is:
1) If i'm making changes(addition/deletion of code) to the bootloader(uboot
1.2) and re compile it, i believe that the size of the uboot.bin will get
changed i.e >/< 512K. NOW AT WHICH LOCATION I SHOULD FLASH THE
UBOOT.BIN(SIZE IS NOT EQUAL TO 512)
FOR Eg.  If my uboot.bin size is >512K ?????

Please help me out in this.

Regards,
   AJEESH KUMAR

The information contained in this electronic message and any attachments to this message are intended for the exclusive use of the addressee(s) and may contain proprietary, confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately and destroy all copies of this message and any attachments contained in it.

Contact your Administrator for further information.