[U-Boot] debugging u-boot relocating to ram

Vishwanath Patil patil.vishwanath at gmail.com
Thu Aug 28 08:42:38 CEST 2008

Hello,

I have a board with MPC852T, SDRAM and FLASH.
I have been successful to get the console up and debug the FLASH and SDRAM
connections.
Now the SDRAM passes all the memory tests in SLOW mode also.
The current problem I am facing is that relocate_code is being called from
the lib_ppc/board.c
and after that there a no messages. I want to debug the relocate code which
is written in assembly
language. Please help.
I want to write something on portA data register to monitor the progress, in
the assembly code.
I am looking for a small snippet of assembly code that can write to portA
register,
to be put in the assembly code of the relocate_code.
If someone could guide me to access the IMMR and the portA registers using
the assembly
language, it will be very helpful

with regards
Vishwanath Patil