[U-Boot] how to support usbtty

mike zheng mail4mz at gmail.com
Fri Aug 29 17:53:45 CEST 2008

Hi Bryan,

The USB/RS232 cable is a USB device, it shall has firmware in it,
which works as a USB slave. What I need to do is have some code talk
to this device via the Host controller - ISP1561. So, I need some code
as usb-storage.c, maybe called usb-serial.c.

I am not sure how "usbtty" being used. Is it used when there is a
USB/USB cable connected between the target and PC? Both ends of the
cable are USB port, the PC end is a master, the target end is the
slave. So usbtty running on the target is acting as the USB device.
However it is not my case. The cable I have has one USB end, and one
RS232 end. The USB end is connected to the target. I assume there is
something in the chip within the cable acts as a USB slave device
already.

Thanks,

Mike