[U-Boot-Users] mpc8544 u-boot support

Clemens Koller clemens.koller at anagramm.de
Fri Feb 1 14:24:28 CET 2008

Leonid schrieb:
> Hi:
>
> I am not new in u-boot, but this is the first time I must deal with
> Freescale CPU, namely mpc8544 (I have been working so far with
> Microblaze, ARM9, ppc440 and ppc405). My board is going to be very close
> to Interpid reference design.
>
> If somebody of you folks can point me to the best u-boot and Linux
> resources for this CPU and board, I would really appreciate that.

Depending on board hardware-compatibility, it's best to use the latest U-Boot
release from: ftp://ftp.denx.de/pub/u-boot/ or the latest
git-tree: http://www.denx.de/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=u-boot.git;a=summary

I am fine (for mpc8540 and mpc8548) with Linus' 2.6.24 tree from kernel.org.
For development purposes, however, checkout the latest paulus.git from:
http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/paulus/powerpc.git;a=summary
YMMV.

For a toolchain, you can go with the Denx' ELDK or use my native CRUX
Linux distro which will be published, when I'll find some spare time. :-)

Regards,

Clemens