[U-Boot-Users] Fw: help ---> Usage of TEXT_BASE in U-Boot

john at spectross.com john at spectross.com
Sat Feb 2 11:24:16 CET 2008

Hi Gurus,

I am designing the BSP for our customized Router motherboard based on
MPC8248.

I am currently referring to the MPC8272ADS BSP for the same.

It seems TEXT_BASE in u-boot-1.1.1\board\mpc8260ads\config.mk could be used
to program HRCW with U-Boot by specifying it to be 0xfe000000 instead of
0xfe700000.

Hence I would have to program u-boot.bin at 0xfe000000 using the Flash
programmer, by doing this MPC8272/48 could load the HRCW from NOR Flash.

Queries:

Do I also have to program another u-boot.bin with TEXT_BASE as 0xfe700000 to
the NOR Flash as U-boot is supposed to be at 0xfe700000 & not 0xfe000000,
Kindly substantiate your reply with an adress map for NOR Flash in
MPC8272ADS board(comprising HRCW, JFFS, Kernel, U-boot, System exception
vector, U-boot env. variables).

I understand the system exception vector shall be read by MPC8272 from
0xFFF00100 which shall be same as 0xFE700100 for a 8 MB NOR Flash & that it
is also a part of U-Boot (Start.S). Kindly confirm.

Regds.
John