[U-Boot-Users] 答复: [U-Boot-Users] Re: 答复: [U-Boot-Users] HELP: How to make PPC booting easier

tony liu tliu at salira.com
Sun Feb 3 05:55:38 CET 2008

Thanks for all your suggestions. I've used the environment to do the auto-booting after enabling the CFI driver for environment storage to FLASH.

One of my important targets to use u-boot is to let my board be able to boot Linux kernel as the following way:
1) Power ON
2) VxWorks Bootrom started from FLASH 0xFEF00100
3) Start U-Boot (BIN) from FLASH 0xFEFC0000
4) U-Boot starts Linux/Initrd/DTB following the command line configured in VxWorks Bootrom (this is still not resolved yet)

Finally, my VxWorks bootrom can be selectable to boot a normal VxWorks image or a super package including Uboot and linux. And vice versa, if I put the U Boot's FLASH address as the CPU starting entry point, the u boot can also be selectable to boot any kinds of images.

Best Regards,
Tony