[U-Boot-Users] OR1200 (OpenRISC) Support?

Detlev Zundel dzu at denx.de
Tue Feb 5 15:40:46 CET 2008

Hi Wolfgang,

>> I have a project I'm working on that I think u-Boot would be perfect
>> for.  The core processor architecture is the OpenCores OR1200 RISC
>> platform, however, and I see it doesn't appear to be part of the
>> standard release of u-boot.  My question is this--has anyone worked on
>> getting the necessary software put together for u-Boot to support this
>> particular processor architecture?  It appeared to me that the only
>> place it's mentioned on the Denx site is a brief example of the
>> Custodian system.<br>
>
> That's just a coincidence - we chose an non-existent (and from our
> point of view also somewhat unlikely) architecture for the example.

Actually, that's not quite true.

Having played with the or1k simulator a long time ago, I made myself
believe in the subversive idea that mentioning it in our documentation
could possibly lead some attention to it.  I'd still love to see a
system that can be studied at (practically speaking) every level of the
design...

I did not dare dream of that actually coming true though ;)

Cheers
  Detlev

--
Practice random senselessness and act kind of beautiful.