[U-Boot-Users] U-Boot WinCE booting support?

R&D4 r&d4 at dave-tech.it
Thu Feb 7 17:22:19 CET 2008

Hi Stefan!

we are currently using u-boot (1.2.0) on our ARM9 based platform to boot
WinCE 4.2, 5.0 and 6.0 images (.bin).
More than this we also changes some part of WinCE BSP to allow passing
"kernel bootline parameters" (as much like in linux ;-) ) to configure
console output (on serial line) or ip configuration.

If you want I can send you the patch: it's a bit "ugly" ;-) but it can
be made platform indipendent with ease.
Basically it adds a new command (bootwince) which is much like bootm,
but "check AND decompress" .bin images and run WinCE.
Of course the WinCE image can be started directly RAM (e.g. downloaded
via TFTP for debugging pourpose) or from Flash (for stand alone operations).

Best Regards,

--

Andrea

DAVE Srl - Electronics System House