[U-Boot-Users] Initially loading uboot into flash on MPC5200

Jon Smirl jonsmirl at gmail.com
Sat Feb 9 05:01:58 CET 2008

I'm working on a MPC5200 based design, www.digispeaker.com. What low
cost options are there for initially loading the flash if a BDI2000 is
not in the budget? Ideally we'd like to find something cheap enough
that a hobbyist could buy it if they bricked their board.

Our hardware is not finalized so we can still change things to make
programming the flash easier. I wish the MPC5200 had a way to load RAM
from the serial port like most ARM chips.

There is a trick using the PCI bus that can be used on the MPC5200 but
we don't have a PCI socket.

--
Jon Smirl
jonsmirl at gmail.com