[U-Boot-Users] 440EPX is not booting from 1Gb/128MB NAND flash

Stefan Roese sr at denx.de
Mon Feb 11 17:26:11 CET 2008

Hi Nikhil,

On Monday 11 February 2008, Nikhil Gautam wrote:
> I bypassed the function nand_is_bad_block( ) and also my image is now
> padded correctly. But still the problem is that SPL doesn't copy the
> U-boot image correctly onto the RAM. It copies the first page of first
> block from NAND flash again and again.

Now this could be an indication for what is going wrong here.

> This must be because of some configuration of NDFC done by SPL because
> I can see that IPL copied the first 4K (2 pages) correctly from NAND
> flash to RAM. But there aren't many NDFC or NAND configuration
> parameter that I can change.
>
> Have anyone seen this kind of problem before?

No.

But as mentioned above, if you see the same 2k page multiple times, it seems
that the addressing in nand_command() (nand_boot.c) is not correct for those
2k page devices. And looking at nand_base.c you will notice two different
implementations for nand_command:

nand_command() and
nand_command_lp()   (lp for Large Page)

I suggest you take a look at this and merge the needed changes into
nand_boot.c

Best regards,
Stefan

Phone: +49-8142-66989-0 Fax: +49-8142-66989-80  Email: office at denx.de