[U-Boot-Users] u-boot patch submission process

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Feb 12 00:25:26 CET 2008

Dear Haavard,

in message <20080211092625.4d09fe0b at siona> you wrote:

> But if Wolfgang doesn't wake up and apply a fix pretty soon, I guess
> that might be exactly what's going to happen.

Please believe me, I'm not sleeping. I wish I was -  and  if  it  was
only for 5 hours per night....

> I'm starting to get seriously pissed off about this whole situation and
> how it's been handled. Wolfgang, you can't with a straight face demand
> that people always run the latest git snapshot WHEN IT DOESN'T EVEN
> BUILD AND HAS BEEN THAT WAY FOR SEVERAL WEEKS!

I'm pissedoff with the current situation myself, but  I  cannot  work
more  than  a certain number of hours per day, which unfortunately is
not even close to 24. And I have to set some priorities.

Would it help if I apologized and explaine that I've been sick fro  a
few  days,  and  that  this  lost ime just added to my backlog? No, I
don;t want to do that and you don't want to hear that, all  you  want
is some faster progress. So please do yourself and me a favour, don't
increase the preassure on me and let me continue to work as fast as I
can. Even if it's too slow.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
"There was no difference between  the  behavior  of  a  god  and  the
operations of pure chance..."   - Thomas Pynchon, _Gravity's Rainbow_