[U-Boot-Users] how to Relocate arm startup code

Hebbar gururajakr at sanyo.co.in
Tue Feb 12 01:59:00 CET 2008

Hi,

I am working on a customized arm926ejs versatile board. My board has SDRAM
at reset vector i.e., @ 0x00 and FLASH is located at a different higher
lcoation. At Boot up, SDRAm is mapped to Flash. I have to enable few
register and enable sdram chip. @ reset the arm uboot startup code has

b reset

which point to TEXT_BASE + 0x50 which in my case falls to uninitialized
SDRAM and hence it fails. So i have to hard code the startup to point to my
flash location. so

Instead of
b reset

i have
ldr	pc, _flash_reset

where
_flash_reset:
	.word (CFG_FLASH_BASE + reset - TEXT_BASE)

So i want to know if there is any better alternative to this instead of hard
coding. Also i would like to know how this taken care of for versatile
board.

Regards
Gururaja