[U-Boot-Users] Delete all env vars except read onlys

Stefan Roese sr at denx.de
Tue Feb 12 15:49:49 CET 2008

Hi Matthias,

On Tuesday 12 February 2008, Matthias Fuchs wrote:
> I am wondering if there is a way to delete all environment variables
> but not the readonly ones. The common way to delete all variables
> is to make the environment CRC invalid an do a reset. After reset
> a saveenv saves a default environment.
>
> What I want to do is to delete all variables (preferable from an autoscr
> script) but not the vendor variables like serial# and eth?addr.
>
> Wildcards in the setenv parameters would solve this issue,
> but chars like '*' or '?' are valid chars for environment variables.
>
> Any idea?

I don't know of such a solution. But such a "feature" would be handy
sometimes. So perhaps this needs to get implemented as a new U-Boot command.
But you should be careful. Such a command should require probably a password,
to that users don't unintentionally erase their environment.

Best regards,
Stefan

Phone: +49-8142-66989-0 Fax: +49-8142-66989-80  Email: office at denx.de