[U-Boot-Users] sam9263ek not booting uboot dataflash

E Robertson e.robertson.svg at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 20:57:22 CET 2008

On 2/12/08, michael <trimarchi at gandalf.sssup.it> wrote:
> Hi,
> > Yes, it is skipped. From what I understood Bootstrap does the
> > necessary boot init tasks (althought I would rather put it in uboot).
> > Do I need to changs this?
> >

> No,
>
> I will try to help you. Do you check the new size, format, etc... The
> new size fit in
> you flash, do you write somenthing after the u-boot that overwrite it.

When you said new size, I take to mean the size of the binary images.
In that case boot the Bootstrap and uboot image size are smaller that
the prebuilt onces.
Bootstrap is written @ 0 and uboot @ 0x8000 (a 32K size). Bootstrap is
under 4K and uboot is under 185K. so I have lots of space.
The fact that I can rewrite my build uboot with the prebuilt uboot
image and this works ok leads me to believe their might be something
with the build that may be compiler related, but I'm not sure. Or,
it's something simple I'm missing.

I write my Bootstrap build @ 0 so that the only variable change is u-boot image.

> Do you try to
> load with a jtag in memory and execute it?

I don't have a jtag fitted for this as yet.  I'm using the sam7 util.