[U-Boot-Users] sam9263ek not booting uboot dataflash

E Robertson e.robertson.svg at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 22:14:40 CET 2008

On 2/12/08, michael <trimarchi at gandalf.sssup.it> wrote:
> E Robertson wrote:
> > On 2/12/08, michael <trimarchi at gandalf.sssup.it> wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,

> >> Simple step:
> >> - flash the work system
> >> - loady <address>
> >> put you version of u-boot and run go <address>
> >>

> > Once I start using sam7 util, the bootstrap code has not been executed
> > which means the SDRAM has not been initialized. I'll have to added the
> > lowlevel init to do that, which I might try if nothing else works.
> >

> You don't understand:
>
> - flash all arm9load & u-boot
> - loady <address> u-boot-mod
> - go <address>

I'm tying this method. I had to go to kermit because I never had
suscess loading serially with minicom.  I had problems with kermit in
the past but couldn't remember what it was... until now.  I've always
had fatal errors after a few bytes are transmitted. I get some error,
then it tries to resend but had too many errors. I'm not really sure
how to get past this as I'm configured the serial line accordingly.
Is this a common "user error" problem with ckermit? I've double
checked my config option with uboot docs.