[U-Boot-Users] Delete all env vars except read onlys

Markus Klotzbücher mk at denx.de
Wed Feb 13 11:02:10 CET 2008

Matthias Fuchs <matthias.fuchs at esd-electronics.com> writes:

> what about a 'scrubenv' or 'cleanenv' command that tries to unset all
> variables leaving readonlys untouched.
>
> The command could request a confirmation:
>
> => scrubenv
> Do you really want to do this ('yes' or 'no')? yes

Such a confirmation is not very Unix-like and will prevent this command
to be used in scripts. I like the idea of a scrubenv/resetenv command
but vote for leaving out the confirmation.

U-Boot provides many, much more serious ways to blow you foot off which
don't ask such questions.

Best regards

Markus Klotzbuecher

Phone: +49-8142-66989-0 Fax: +49-8142-66989-80  Email: office at denx.de