[U-Boot-Users] UNCACHED_SDRAM macro issue

Shinya Kuribayashi shinya.kuribayashi at necel.com
Thu Feb 14 04:55:41 CET 2008

Luigi 'Comio' Mantellini wrote:
> I'm working on the porting of u-boot (1.3.1 from git) to a mips based
> SoC. The port seems to work fine unless the UNCACHED_SDRAM macro (used
> by do_bootm_linux).
>
> Using the version from commit de9a738faa7c2f47286119c3bfebc3dfbfe7d86d
> (that maps the addresses on KSEG1 instead on physical addresses) the
> linux kernel is not able to start, while changing the macro to a
> PHYSADDR(a) (how was before the commit) the linux kernel starts without
> any problem.
>
> In order to make my system bootable I changed the macro UNCACHED_SDRAM
> from:
>
> #define UNCACHED_SDRAM(a) KSEG1ADDR(a)

> #define UNCACHED_SDRAM(a) PHYSADDR(a) (how defined before the commit
> de9a738...)

So it seems Alchemy-based SoC. if so,

> What I need to change on my board specific u-boot in order to use the
> KSEG1 address space?

what do you mean "in order to use the KSEG1 address space?" I'm not
familiar with Au1XXX, but you might need CONFIG_AU1X00 in your board
config. Some URLs added[1][2].

  Shinya

[1] http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.boot-loaders.u-boot/32316/focus=32372
[2] http://www.linux-mips.org/wiki/Alchemy