[U-Boot-Users] Query about U-Boot NAND ENV section

Hiremath, Vaibhav x0059507 at ti.com
Fri Feb 15 14:58:55 CET 2008

Hi,

I am using U-Boot 1.2.0 release of U-Boot and working on ARM1176
platform. I have ported U-Boot for my platform, which boots from NAND
Flash, save ENV variable onto NAND Flash. Almost everything works fine
for me till now. But today I came across one issue -

When I set baudrate to different value from U-Boot prompt, and do a
"saveenv", and after that if I reboot the system it should boot with new
baudrate set. Ideally it should take new baudrate, but it always
configures default baudrate.

I tried to dig into this issue, and found that, U-Boot for NAND Flash is
designed the same way. The function "nand_init" gets invoked after
"env_init" and "serial_init", and sue to this U-Boot always uses the
default baudrate.

Do I understand it correctly? Is there any way to resolve this issue?

Thanks,

Vaibhav