[U-Boot-Users] [1.3.2-rc1] MPC8548CDS/MPC8555CDS configs fails to link

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sat Feb 16 00:34:07 CET 2008

Marcel,

in message <AF206758-22F2-427F-9AF5-FC44835F5155 at juniper.net> you wrote:

> I've just pulled the 1.3.2-rc1 snapshot from GIT and I run
> into a link failure right out of the box (ok, after changing
> the Makefile to the right cross-compiler :-)

There is no need to modify the Makefile. All you have to  do  is  set
and export the CROSS_COMPILE environment variable as needed.

> Build machine: FreeBSD-6.1
>
> apg-bbuild09% gmake distclean
> find: -lname: unknown option
> find: -lname: unknown option
> find: -lname: unknown option

And you should pay attention to error messages like that. After  such
errors, all other problems may be just subsequent faults.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
How many QA engineers does it take to screw in a lightbulb? 3:  1  to
screw it in and 2 to say "I told you so" when it doesn't work.