[U-Boot-Users] [rfc] warning about overlapping regions whenbooting with bootm

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sun Feb 17 23:09:08 CET 2008

In message <200802171529.23434.rgetz at blackfin.uclinux.org> you wrote:

> I always thought that when decompressing a uImage, that the entry point was
> stored in the header, (at the beginning of the file) and was read after the
> decompression took place - is that wrong?

I'm not sure what all the different architectures do,  but  at  least
for PowerPC, ARM and MIPS I know that one of the very first things we
do in the bootm code is to create a local copy of the image header.

Search for 'memcpy.*header'.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
You can do this in a number of ways.     IBM chose to do all of them.
Why do you find that funny?        -- D. Taylor, Computer Science 350