[U-Boot-Users] Das U-Boot support for Atmel AT91SAM926x-EK (orother boards with an AT91SAM926x processor)?

Haavard Skinnemoen hskinnemoen at atmel.com
Mon Feb 18 12:24:39 CET 2008

On Fri, 15 Feb 2008 16:23:00 +0100
"Ulf Samuelsson" <ulf at atmel.com> wrote:

> The AT91CAP9 stuff is now beeing processed in the patch system
> and most of the stuff should be common with the AT91SAM9,
> so once CAP9 support is there, I think it will be much simpler.

It is in mainline now:

hskinnemoen at dhcp-252-066:~/git/u-boot/upstream$ ls board/atmel/
at91cap9adk/  at91rm9200dk/  atngw100/  atstk1000/

I think the CAP9 was a very nice step in the right direction of showing
that we can actually reuse drivers across different SoC platforms, but
there's still some work to do. Dataflash and mmc comes to mind...

I'd be happy to help out if someone wants to move
cpu/at32ap/atmel_mci.c somewhere more appropriate and make it work on
AT91. But I suspect that it would be best to consolidate some of the
existing duplication across the mmc drivers already in the tree first
(the command and response definitions, etc.)

Haavard